Wednesday 26 March 2014

VAMFF

Posting my own outfits is unchartered territory for me. Yes I post on Instagram (if your not following already, please follow @astylishaffair87) although I've never done a whole blog post on my own outfits.. While I'm still going to continue to provide options on ways to wear new styles and trends I've also decided I'm going to feature my own outfits too.

Having a passion for styling doesn't mean that I don't experience the 'what to wear' anxiety- the only difference between mine and anybody else's anxiety is that I experience it much earlier than most.  I have my outfit planned weeks (ok I admit, sometimes months) in advance. I have anxiety if I know that I have an event (yes most of the time even if its just a dinner) and a week out I haven't chosen an outfit yet. I usually have several outfits mentally planned 'just in case'. I always wonder what other people think of when their minds go wandering.. mine always, always wanders to my wardrobe.. 

I recently attended the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival (VAMFF). I had my outfit planned weeks in advance. Something new (and a little bit special) that I ordered on-line, paired with a piece I already owned. However a week before VAMFF and my new special item hadn't arrived yet. I waited with baited breath until the day before I was attending then at the 11th hour went into 'what do I wear' anxiety. I stuck with my tried, tested and always trusted combination of black and white and as it turned out I absolutely loved the end result. 

I'd had these two Piper Lane pieces for several months and I knew they would work together. I tied the skirt at the hem to create a more casual look and paired it with chunky Wittner heels. I used my Givenchy clutch to inject a pop of colour and topped off the outfit with my Muubaa leather jacket. This jacket worked as opposed to a cropped jacket as the bustier top is very structured, the drape style jacket pulled the outfit together nicely and gave it a more relaxed look. 

Let me know your thoughts
xx
A Stylish Affair




Shop The Look Here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment