Monday 21 October 2013

A Stylish Affair

What to write on my first post... 

I've contemplated starting a blog for quite some time now. With a background in Public Relations/Communications, I am now working in a completely different career that has almost nothing to do with fashion. However I've always had a love for fashion and writing so I've combined the two to create a blog. 

Will anyone read it? Only time will tell.... but I believe that everything happens for a reason and its time to take a leap of faith and see what happens. 

I'm an aspiring stylist.. very aspiring and this is my first step towards making my dream of styling come true. I love all things fashion but I believe in staying true to yourself and what works for you.. I try to follow trends whilst always staying true to my own sense of style. I am very much about investment buying and tend to spend a lot on special 'keep forever' pieces.. so much so that I often forget I need some not so special pieces for everyday. I've always been told I have an eye for 'putting things together' and love nothing more than to dream away new outfit combinations.. I spend my days often thinking about the upcoming weekend, where I'm going and what I'll wear. 

My style icons vary although I firmly believe that Christine Centenera cannot put a foot wrong, followed closely by Olivia Palermo. I love the old school glamour of Audrey Hepburn.. One can never go wrong with a Little Black Dress and a string of pearls. 

What do I hope for my blog? A question I'm still not sure of the answer to... I'm hoping to share my current lust haves.. my take on current trends..  and have a stylish affair with those I meet along the journey to wherever the road leads.  

Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions and check out my Instagram - astylishaffair87

Thanks for reading.

xx
A Stylish Affair.


No comments:

Post a Comment